Elements Series: Parenting Under The Influence – Teacher ResourcesParenting Under the Influence teacher resource was created by Kristi Hodson; Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher; Carthage High SchoolGrade Level: 9-12Students will learn to:
- Identify effects of substance use and abuse related to pregnancy and fetal development.
- Identify chemical risk factors that influence parenting practices.
- Identify consequences and struggles associated with substance use and abuse.
Life-Line Teacher Resource
The Life-Line teacher resource was created by Kristi Hodson; Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher; Carthage High School
Grade Level: 9-12
- Identify how current behaviors affect their ability to be a parent now and in the future.
- Identify a variety of support elements that make parents successful.
- Identify consequences and struggles associated with an unplanned pregnancy.
The Life Sentence Teacher Resource
The Life Sentence teacher resource was created by Kristi Hodson (Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher, Carthage High School), is now available.
Grade Level: 9-12Students will:
- Identify physical, social, emotional (mental), and legal / financial consequences of shaken baby syndrome for families and society.
- Identify factors (stressors) that are present to cause one to shake a baby.
- Explore reasons why babies cry.
- Explore various methods for soothing a baby when it’s crying.
- Develop a strategy for what to do when alone with a baby that won’t stop crying.
Look for the release of our next documentary in the “ELEMENTS” series January 2017. This video will be titled “Parenting Under The Influence” and will subject drugs, alcohol and parenting. There will be a resource available for this video summer 2017.