The Life Sentence teacher resource was created by Kristi Hodson (Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher, Carthage High School), is now available.
Grade Level: 9-12
- Identify physical, social, emotional (mental), and legal / financial consequences of shaken baby syndrome for families and society.
- Identify factors (stressors) that are present to cause one to shake a baby.
- Explore reasons why babies cry.
- Explore various methods for soothing a baby when it’s crying.
- Develop a strategy for what to do when alone with a baby that won’t stop crying.