This video is a powerful documentary of the heartbreaking and life-changing stories of four families who have been impacted by shaken baby syndrome or severe head trauma.
The Life Sentence
This video is a powerful documentary of the heartbreaking and life-changing stories of four families who have been impacted by shaken baby syndrome or severe head trauma, shared directly from the families through interviews and footage. The 41-minute documentary also includes commentary by medical professionals and child advocates. A discussion booklet is included for teachers and medical professionals to facilitate further discussion with students after viewing.
The Life Sentence is a Silver Reel winner in the 45th Annual MCA-I Media Festival.
The Life Sentence Teacher Resource
The Life Sentence teacher resource was created by Kristi Hodson (Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher, Carthage High School), is now available.
Grade Level: 9-12
- Identify physical, social, emotional (mental), and legal / financial consequences of shaken baby syndrome for families and society.
- Identify factors (stressors) that are present to cause one to shake a baby.
- Explore reasons why babies cry.
- Explore various methods for soothing a baby when it’s crying.
- Develop a strategy for what to do when alone with a baby that won’t stop crying.
|Dimensions||8.25 × 5.25 × .5 in|