Mission: To significantly reduce incidences of child abuse and neglect
Methodology: Educating all youth on the stresses and responsibility of parenting.
Let’s Stop the Cycle of Child Abuse With Education That Makes an Impact
COPE24 has put together, with input from the Missouri Department of Education, a 2-week Parenting Skills Program to be presented in classrooms around the nation. Click Here to see clips of each video.
Free teacher worksheet now available!
Our first worksheet for The Life Sentence, created by Kristi Hodson (Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher, Carthage High School), is now available.
Grade Level: 9-12
Essential Learning Targets:
- Identify physical, social, emotional (mental), and legal / financial consequences of shaken baby syndrome for families and society.
- Identify factors (stressors) that are present to cause one to shake a baby.
- Explore reasons why babies cry.
- Explore various methods for soothing a baby when it’s crying.
- Develop a strategy for what to do when alone with a baby that won’t stop crying.
Help support COPE24 with your purchase at Amazon.com! Just click this link to make COPE24 your charity of choice!